Today's Quote

“As parents, we should remember that our lives may be the book from the family library which the children most treasure. Are our examples worthy of emulation? Do we live in such a way that a son or a daughter may say, ‘I want to follow my dad,’ or ‘I want to be like my mother’? Unlike the book on the library shelf, the covers of which shield its contents, our lives cannot be closed. Parents, we truly are an open book in the library of learning of our homes.” Thomas S Monson

Sunday, July 12, 2009

I had the wierdest Dream

I woke up this morning after a very strange dream.

I dreamt that Pres. Hinckley lived in a very small "assisted" living apartment. He was quite independant, his wife had already died, but he had a "maid/nurse" on call for anything he may need. He was watching Elysia for me. I came to get her and needed to change my clothes. He informed me that I was going to need to use the bathroom in the "community" hall, as his was off limits to anyone but him. Then he spilled a small bed pan of urine on the bathroom floor, and called for the "maid/nurse" to come and clean it up. All of this was so that I could use his bathroom after all. I changed, and was sitting on the couch talking to him afterwards. Elysia seemed very much at home, and it all seemed sooo natural.

Then, I was at Pres. Monson's telling him all about this. Explaining that Pres. Hinckley was fine... he had spilled the bed pan on purpose to help me out rather than because he was no longer able to care for himself.

I woke up feeling really wierd knowing that Pres. Hinckley is deceased. And yet, one thing that really stuck with me was how Elysia seemed so at home in his apartment. She may as well have been at her Grandparents' home. And also how "equal" I felt to Pres. Hinckley and Pres. Monson. Like they were Friends of the Family and I could just come and go anytime I pleased. I remember sitting and watching Pres. Hinckley clean up without any urge to offer to do it for him. It was, after all, HIS apartment and I was there to visit. So he could do as he pleased, and I was under no obligation to help.

I think the thing that I marvel at, is that with that type of dream, I would naturally expect to visualize the New Baby in the situation.... signifying that he was being cared for by someone of great spiritual importance as he waits to come to earth. But it wasn't him. It was Elysia. And it left me with a feeling of peace. I think that Little Girl might be more than meets the eye. Big surprise! ;-)

No comments:

Followers