Today's Quote

“As parents, we should remember that our lives may be the book from the family library which the children most treasure. Are our examples worthy of emulation? Do we live in such a way that a son or a daughter may say, ‘I want to follow my dad,’ or ‘I want to be like my mother’? Unlike the book on the library shelf, the covers of which shield its contents, our lives cannot be closed. Parents, we truly are an open book in the library of learning of our homes.” Thomas S Monson

Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Pissed off and had it.

I am not in a good mood this morning. I am a very personal space type of person. I do NOT handle invasion of that space well. I don't like decisions being made for me. I do not like to feel violated. I have struggled with my In Laws for this reason for 6 years. When Elizabeth was a new baby, my Mother in Law reached into my personal space to take her from me without my permission, and it's been a battle of wills ever since.

I like to be in control of my life, my personal space, what happens to my children, etc. I can give up control where it needs to be given, but if it's not rightfully yours.... just don't even try to get it from me.

Because of this, trust is huge for me. If I don't trust you, there isn't even a question about how much ground you'll gain with me in a power struggle. I will show you very quickly that I am keeping control of the situation.

My second pet peeve this morning is people who are ignorant, and ok with it.

I understand that everyone has had different experiences in life and not everyone knows the same things. I understand that i don't know everything. But I like to think that I am open to learning. And I have long since given up on having to learn the hard way. If there is someone who truly knows the answer that I don't, then I welcome the sharing of information. Especially when it's someone who cares about me.

I am currently struggling with someone who is ignorant and uncultured, and either doesn't realize it, or is fine with it. Well, it's her choice. I care about her and feel that in my life and trials, I have gained knowledge that would save her time, $ and energy. But she doesn't seem to have the humility, nor the desire to consider anything that she doesn't come up with on her own.

It really bugs me. It bugs me, bugs me, bugs me!!!!!!!

One thing that stands out is food. Fish. From what I have seen, fish to her is equivalent to a halibut fillet sandwich @ McDonald's. Which doesn't seem to strike her fancy. So, mention going to a Fish House... she won't even consider it. Forget the fact that the difference in the kind of fish served is night and day!I understand not everyone likes fish.... but to turn down gormet based on not liking the grocery store isle version..... has nothing to do with fish. Go for the cultural, and educational aspect, and orcder a sandwich if you truly do not like fish.

This past weekend, she probably paid $ for something that ended up being a disappointment. Being in her shoes before, I could have warned her that it was not going to be worth her $ to do it, and could have offered her a way to save some $ that she always seems to be limited on.... but I knew in advance she would disreguard anything I offered in way of advice.... so I kept my mouth shut.

It's not that she doesn't know things... she's young. It's that I have things to offer her that she doesn't have because of the short amount of like she's lived, and she turns her nose up at it over and over again.

No comments:

Followers