Today's Quote

“As parents, we should remember that our lives may be the book from the family library which the children most treasure. Are our examples worthy of emulation? Do we live in such a way that a son or a daughter may say, ‘I want to follow my dad,’ or ‘I want to be like my mother’? Unlike the book on the library shelf, the covers of which shield its contents, our lives cannot be closed. Parents, we truly are an open book in the library of learning of our homes.” Thomas S Monson

Saturday, July 4, 2009

Phases

I've been looking at pictures as they scroll through on our computer. Wow! So many different phases that we as a family have passed through in the past 7 1/2 years. I look at the pictures of David and myself from our first ring ceremony when we were newly weds. To Elizabeth's birth, our time in Colorado, Elysia's birth, our time in Utah, our move here, Abby's birth, The Girls growing up, and now. Parenthood is truly a glimpse into the circle of eternity!

Some phases, I'm FAT. Some I'm slim with a horrible complexion due to the strain child birth puts on my body... for some reason, specifically my skin. Some I don't like the "flavor" of the memories. Some, I ache to relive.

When it comes down to it, I am happy with the progress and very glad that time has marched forward. I look forward to new beginnings. I am gearing up to make some MAJOR changes with the birth of our son this month.

David and I have grown up so much since Elizabeth joined Our Family. I feel bad for her in a lot of ways. She had to deal way too much with Parents who were still so immature. I see the damage it's done, and really want to get it repaired before it's too late. I'm so glad she's still a Little Girl.

Elysia, Abby and Jacob are still so young and impressionable... and I thank God for that. I just need to not forget what a wonderful opportunity lies ahead and how much responsibility I have to shape them and teach them.

As for David and Myself.... we are gradually cutting our path to being partners for eternity. We are not where we want to be yet. However, we are SOOOO much closer now than a year ago.

No comments:

Followers