Today's Quote

“As parents, we should remember that our lives may be the book from the family library which the children most treasure. Are our examples worthy of emulation? Do we live in such a way that a son or a daughter may say, ‘I want to follow my dad,’ or ‘I want to be like my mother’? Unlike the book on the library shelf, the covers of which shield its contents, our lives cannot be closed. Parents, we truly are an open book in the library of learning of our homes.” Thomas S Monson

Saturday, July 25, 2009

Is that really ME????

David and I went to as movie yesterday. Afterwards, I was in the bathroom, and looked in the mirror. I was SHOCKED by what I saw. First of all, My belly is HUGE! It protrudes extensively and almost completely negates my D cup chest. But this I knew. The shock was my face. I looked old, and sick. Almost emaciated.

THAT scared me. Because I realized I have been starving myself. NOT on purpose. I have been eating. I don't watch calories, and I know that extra fat, cholesterol, etc. are actually good for the Baby and myself right now. But I often wait too long to eat. Or, I am so worn out, that it is just too much effort. I keep a store of food on a shelf in the living room for the Girls, so that either I or they can get something easily FOR THEM. But their needs and mine are very different right now nutritionally speaking.

Now, I have been taking my vitamins. Not every day like I should, but pretty regularly. As I said, I have not been cutting back or dieting on purpose.

But the fear was there that if I was starving, this Baby might be too. NOT a realization I want to have when it's pretty much too late to do anything about it. The damage, if there were to be any, is already done.

LUCKILY, I have gained weight pretty steadily. And David brought up a good point: If the Baby was starving, he would have been born already. Not content to stay in. My Dr also told me the other day that he prolly weighs about 7 1/2 to 8 lbs already. So.....

No comments:

Followers