Today's Quote

“As parents, we should remember that our lives may be the book from the family library which the children most treasure. Are our examples worthy of emulation? Do we live in such a way that a son or a daughter may say, ‘I want to follow my dad,’ or ‘I want to be like my mother’? Unlike the book on the library shelf, the covers of which shield its contents, our lives cannot be closed. Parents, we truly are an open book in the library of learning of our homes.” Thomas S Monson

Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Cannot say it enough!

The past 3 months have really been a learning session for me. It's been way hard learning to be ok with and relax over the fact that David doesn't have a job. He has applied for so many... and he QUALIFIES for so many, and we need to be able to take care of our Family.



This is where our WONDERFUL, Loving, Concerned Heavenly Father has taught us so much. He has taken such good care of us. And I don't mean just in the basic things. I mean in the details of what we need. For example, the only bills we have that are not rent or utilities are our washer and dryer, the Girls bunkbeds, and one of our tv's. We have been pretty much assured by our Bishop that if we have to let them go, he will help us acquire something that will "do." I am me. And I don't want something that will get us by. Is it better than nothing... of course it is. But I LOVE my washer and dryer. And I really like the Girls beds too. We have had to deal with the possibility of letting them go. But every time, something has worked out where we've been able to keep them.

Maybe it shouldn't matter so much, but to me, it does. And it shows me that He cares about our needs on a personal level. It tells me that I am important to Him as ME.

Anyway, I am very Grateful for the many blessings I have recieved on a daily basis.

I was going over the things we have waiting for the Girls for Christmas, and even though we basically have no money, they are still getting several presents each from us. Some of them, I've bought over the past couple of years. It makes me feel good to be able to pull out a new pair of boots for Elysia so that she can go out in the snow and not have to worry . And When Elizabeth then asks Santa for a new pair because hers are wearing out, I can just pull a pair out of the storage room. All three Girls in fact have full sets of winter necessities in their sizes because in previous years, I have bought ahead. That too, is directly related to a Loving Heavenly Father who gave me the insight to get things that we didn't need imediately and had no idea David would be without a job in the middle of winter two years, or one year later.

No comments:

Followers