Today's Quote

“As parents, we should remember that our lives may be the book from the family library which the children most treasure. Are our examples worthy of emulation? Do we live in such a way that a son or a daughter may say, ‘I want to follow my dad,’ or ‘I want to be like my mother’? Unlike the book on the library shelf, the covers of which shield its contents, our lives cannot be closed. Parents, we truly are an open book in the library of learning of our homes.” Thomas S Monson

Monday, December 14, 2009

Maybe???

We went to the Mall tonight and I met Anna for myself. She told me the same things she told David about this job in Libya. She is either telling the truth, or a SERIOUSLY good liar ! There were no holes in her story, and it was the exact same story she told David. I asked her what the chances were of her "Taking my Husband off of my hands" ;-) . She said "Pretty good." Her Brother is supposed to be here Friday. So, here's what we've been told:

* if she can get David on the first "wave" of shipments, they will fly him to Austin, Tx just after New Year's. From Austin, he will go with the equipment they are sending to Libya by convoy to Pennsylvania.... it has to leave on Jan 10th. Then they will fly him home for 2 weeks. He will leave after those 2 weeks for Libya in order to arrive when the equipment does.

* They will get his passport for him

* He will be staying in a 5 bedroom "trailer" with 4 other guys

* They are working out a Full benefit pckg for Health Insurance where we would have zero co pay or out of pocket expense

* They are also working on a "College Fund" for the Children of their workers. Which would include the option of an internship during the summer with the company while the Children are in College. Appearently they have rigs here in the US.

* David will be gone for three months at a time and then home for three weeks.

So, now we'll see what happens. I KNOW it sounds too good to be true in MANY ways.

No comments:

Followers