Today's Quote

“As parents, we should remember that our lives may be the book from the family library which the children most treasure. Are our examples worthy of emulation? Do we live in such a way that a son or a daughter may say, ‘I want to follow my dad,’ or ‘I want to be like my mother’? Unlike the book on the library shelf, the covers of which shield its contents, our lives cannot be closed. Parents, we truly are an open book in the library of learning of our homes.” Thomas S Monson

Friday, December 11, 2009

Tender Mercies

My life is filled with such things. I found myself the other day, wanting to call and share my contentment with everyone I could.

Today was a prime example. David has been helping our Elders Quorum President build a garage. This Wonderful Man paid David for his help even though we didn't expect him to. David was not working, therefore there was no reason not to help. But he paid David anyway which has helped us purchase some of the things we really needed/wanted.

With Christmas coming up, we are low on cash. We really want to spend Christmas in Salt Lake. And as my previous Blog states, if everything goes well with David's appeals hearing on the 17th, that shouldn't be a problem... but that is still to be determined... and a whole week away.

Today, we got some of the things we needed, leaving us with just enough money left for gas to get us through the next week. David had to run to the store tonight to get some groceries. We didn't bother with him taking money for gas, it's a short trip.

On his way home from the store, he ran out of gas. He called my phone, which was in the car with him. So he then called the Elders Quorum President with just the hope that he could give him a ride home to get some money, and bring a gas can so he could put enough gas in the car to get to the gas station.

The Elders Quorum President picked David up, they went and got his gas can with a gallon of gas in it, bypassed our house, and went and got the van to the gas station where he filled up our tank without using a penny of our money. PLUS The Elders Quorum President brought up the fact that he still owed David for one day of work, which we weren't worried about at all. David told him this, and he told David that he was, and paid him. SO, I was mulling the situation over in my head. Thinking about how if only David hadn't gone to the store, he wouldn't have run out of gas.... this was before I knew about what The Elders Quorum President had done for us (David had text messaged the computer to let me know he was out of gas and someone was coming to help). I realized that if he hadn't gone, we probably would have all tried to go somewhere in the next couple of days, and gotten stuck with all 6 of us in the van rather than just David. That would have been a very Yucky situation!

Then when David got home and told me about the full tank of gas AND getting paid.... add that to the blessing of David being alone when he ran out.... well, let's just say "My cup runneth over" right now ;-).

Thank God for Tender Mercies! We will be going to Salt Lake for Christmas after all.

No comments:

Followers