Today's Quote

“As parents, we should remember that our lives may be the book from the family library which the children most treasure. Are our examples worthy of emulation? Do we live in such a way that a son or a daughter may say, ‘I want to follow my dad,’ or ‘I want to be like my mother’? Unlike the book on the library shelf, the covers of which shield its contents, our lives cannot be closed. Parents, we truly are an open book in the library of learning of our homes.” Thomas S Monson

Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Losing sight of a Higher Standard

"When you're in a slump, you're not in for much fun. Unslumping yourself is not easily done!" Dr Seuss

I've been in a slump. A Funk. What ever you want to call it. But it has come at a time when I was making amazing strides in who I was and wanted to be.

And then I slipped into the world of Teenage Werewolves.

I'm done.

I'm unslumping.

I'm done throwing a tantrum over being discriminated against, and I'm giving people a reason to expect their expectations of me to be met.

My name is Candace, and I am no longer a Drama-Holic who lives in a slump and a constant state of Funk.

I am better than this. I have a lot to give.

I am so grateful to the people in my life who have contributed to my FIRE for life. Some have contributed by breaking my heart, and some have contributed by mending it.... and it gets so much stronger every time. So, I have to be grateful to those who broke it as well as those who have mended it.

Thank you to those of you who stick by me through my funks. Thank you to those who can forgive me for my imperfections and still love me.

No comments:

Followers