Today's Quote

“As parents, we should remember that our lives may be the book from the family library which the children most treasure. Are our examples worthy of emulation? Do we live in such a way that a son or a daughter may say, ‘I want to follow my dad,’ or ‘I want to be like my mother’? Unlike the book on the library shelf, the covers of which shield its contents, our lives cannot be closed. Parents, we truly are an open book in the library of learning of our homes.” Thomas S Monson

Friday, July 9, 2010

Who am I?

"Who am I, where am I going?
Here I sit all alone not knowing why.
Brace me up, I'm so discouraged.
Help, I think I'm gonna die.
How it hurts to be a no one
How I wish I was someone really loved.
Brace me up, I'm such a failure.
Heaven, help me, up above.


Isn't there a someone with a hand to spare?
Who can share what they have for my hunger?
isn't there a someone who will take me as I am
And brace me up, not put me down.
Make me feel like I'm as good as another!


Doubts and fears keep comin' faster,
Boy I'm headed for disaster, that's for sure.
Brace me up, I'm going under.
Help, somebody, find a cure."

I struggle daily with knowing that I am on this earth to help people and yet so many seem to feel that the help I have to offer is not good enough. The song above is not how I feel. But I read blog after blog, and status after status from people who DO feel this way. And I want to tell them that they aren't as alone as they think they are. But I get incredibly tired of the rejection that follows such an attempt.

I have just learned.... especially over the years that I have been a Mom, that the more I reach out, and share what I have with others, the more full of the qualities that make me a Good Mom I am.

I LOVE my Children so very much. And as corny as this sounds, it's almost as though the more I branch out, the more filled with a luminescence I am. My name means "Full of Light." And I truly believe part of my potential is to manifest that quality. And the more I share, the closer I get. And it benefits My Family in so many ways.

I guess that sums it up. Since it is now almost 2 am, I had better leave it at that.

Speaking of which, I am so grateful to not have to be anywhere most days of the week. I enjoy laid back :-)

No comments:

Followers