Today's Quote

“As parents, we should remember that our lives may be the book from the family library which the children most treasure. Are our examples worthy of emulation? Do we live in such a way that a son or a daughter may say, ‘I want to follow my dad,’ or ‘I want to be like my mother’? Unlike the book on the library shelf, the covers of which shield its contents, our lives cannot be closed. Parents, we truly are an open book in the library of learning of our homes.” Thomas S Monson

Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Empathy is so under rated

So few people these days truly seem to know what empathy is. to TRULY attempt to understand and relate to others vs judging them.

To really understand their motives, and what drives them.

Just because a person doesn't broadcast their history doesn't mean it's not there.

I had a woman comment that "Only someone who has never had a hard time getting pregnant would say something like that." How does she know? Does she know that I have had miscarriages, or that it is dangerous to my health as well as that of my Baby's EVERY time I give birth. No. Because I don't broadcast it.


No comments:

Followers