Today's Quote

“As parents, we should remember that our lives may be the book from the family library which the children most treasure. Are our examples worthy of emulation? Do we live in such a way that a son or a daughter may say, ‘I want to follow my dad,’ or ‘I want to be like my mother’? Unlike the book on the library shelf, the covers of which shield its contents, our lives cannot be closed. Parents, we truly are an open book in the library of learning of our homes.” Thomas S Monson

Friday, August 6, 2010

Friendship

I am sad for the Friendships that are lost to me. I believe that you can never have too many Friends.

I was just reading through the Blog updates of the Blogs I follow. And I wish I could be Friends with some of the people that USE to be in my life.

They don't realize that I am interested in what's going on in their lives. They don't know how much we have in common, and how we could prolly enrich eachother's lives.

*Sigh*

I have thought a lot about my personality. I am loud, and abrasive. And I am FIERCE. And I've looked it over, and tried to change it. Only to come to the belief that I am not meant to change it.

Yes, I can always be kinder. But really, I AM a pretty loving, kind person.

Needless hurt bothers me. Whether it's me or someone else. I don't like it. And I work very hard to not inflict it on others.

I am incapable of holding a grudge.

It's NEVER happened.

But the abrasive, harsh, FIERCE side of me is CRUCIAL to who I am and what I need to accomplish.

I LOVE My Family, and I KNOW for a FACT that they know it.

My Children know that I am a safe haven.

An idea that may not fit with how you view me, but if you could be a fly on the wall in our home, you'd see. This is way to self confident of me if I didn't have HARD proof.

So, to those who I cannot convince to give me a chance, I am sorry to not be able to be your Friend.

No comments:

Followers