Today's Quote

“As parents, we should remember that our lives may be the book from the family library which the children most treasure. Are our examples worthy of emulation? Do we live in such a way that a son or a daughter may say, ‘I want to follow my dad,’ or ‘I want to be like my mother’? Unlike the book on the library shelf, the covers of which shield its contents, our lives cannot be closed. Parents, we truly are an open book in the library of learning of our homes.” Thomas S Monson

Monday, August 16, 2010

I blame the Men in his life

I blame every man who has been a steward in any way over my Husband through the years for how he treats his family.

For the fact that when his wife calls him on the phone and is having a rough day, that he belittles and insults her to the point of a melt down. And when she calmly through tears asks him for his help, belittles her more. Tells her to go out and get a full time job and that he doesn't care that she is stranded and needs to get out of the house. She doesn't do her job well enough, so screw her.

For the fact that he is supposed to be an example and a rock of support to his family, and yet has ZERO concept of how to stand between them and the storms of the world.

For the fact that he is a select Priesthood Holder who is supposed to be setting an example to the world of how to be, and yet he would rather spend his life being a spoiled little boy.

I blame every man who has been a steward in any way over my Husband through the years for how he is willing to allow the poison from his attitude to affect the aura of his home.

Because not only have these men failed initially, but whenever these awful conditions are brought to their attention, they turn their heads and ignore it.

No comments:

Followers