Today's Quote

“As parents, we should remember that our lives may be the book from the family library which the children most treasure. Are our examples worthy of emulation? Do we live in such a way that a son or a daughter may say, ‘I want to follow my dad,’ or ‘I want to be like my mother’? Unlike the book on the library shelf, the covers of which shield its contents, our lives cannot be closed. Parents, we truly are an open book in the library of learning of our homes.” Thomas S Monson

Sunday, August 15, 2010

Letter to Ginger

I'm sad that we're not the kind of Friends we've been for the past 3 years.

You're one of the ones worth having.

I don't know who's fault it is. It might be mine, it might be yours. It might simply be a case of miscommunication.

But you're one of the Friends who was with me through the marriage I had BEFORE. Then the Divorce. Through getting remarried. Through being pregnant again. And it means something to me.

You KNOW all my faults. You KNOW all the stuff that makes me human. And that's what Friendship is all about... Accepting the good AND bad about someone. That's the kind of Friendship we had.

I miss you. I miss you're Southern Diva ways. You are so good and kind hearted, and I'm sad.

I tried to tell you this once before: you've become like Family.

Special occasions are not the same without you.

Tell me what I can do. Tell me how to be your Friend again.

Thank you for all you've done for us as a Family. Your house is the only one of any of my Friends' houses where we felt so comfortable.... even David.

I'm not shallow. I promise. I just don't know what to do with the way things have been, and I'm no good at keeping my foot out of my mouth.

But NOT ONE of your acts of kindness has ever gone unnoticed. And I am sorry if you felt taken for granted.

Forgive me. Please.

No comments:

Followers