Today's Quote

“As parents, we should remember that our lives may be the book from the family library which the children most treasure. Are our examples worthy of emulation? Do we live in such a way that a son or a daughter may say, ‘I want to follow my dad,’ or ‘I want to be like my mother’? Unlike the book on the library shelf, the covers of which shield its contents, our lives cannot be closed. Parents, we truly are an open book in the library of learning of our homes.” Thomas S Monson

Tuesday, August 24, 2010

I'm nothing if not efficient

Today was a crazy day. But in a good way.

First, I discovered this morning that I can lay the futon out downstairs, and when Jacob wakes up, get him a drink and diaper change, bring him downstairs, and put the Baby Gate up to block the stairs, and catch another good hour or so of sleep. At one point, I woke up to find him by my feet on the futon asleep :-)

Then, I realized, just after David had left for work that I was in immediate need of "supplies." I called him just before he got on the freeway. My wonderful husband not only brought me the "needed" items, but chocolate muffins too! What a GUY!

I actually got everyone ready (including bedding on sanitary cycle for when we got home) in time for David to pick us up to take him back to work so we could go to PG. Got him to work, jumped Amie's car, ran back to D's work to get swimming stuff, picked up Amie and Twins, and off to PG.

There were plenty of us there this week, including two new Mom's.

At the end when it was just Amie and me left, and I couldn't get Jacob to cooperate long enough to get the Girls dressed, I drove the van onto the lawn at the Splash Park, and had everyone loaded in no time.

Got oil in the van, ran by Wendy's for dinner, then to Smith's for an AWESOME deal on Powerade and SoBe.... got 24 bottles and some sugar cookies for $13.

Off to Tasha's to drop off some toys for the Little Girl she babysits. She was in the middle of a crisis.... her 6 week old kitten had gotten crushed by the neighbor boy.

Took MY Family home, bathed, changed bedding, and in bed so that I could go back and relieve Tasha so she could have a break. (She's in the middle of a yucky divorce)

Got there to find out she was fine, but worried about Amanda. Drove over and had a GREAT chat with Amanda and Hubby Jimmy.

Home to 4 sleeping Children, so D and I watched the latest True Blood episode.

Good night All!

No comments:

Followers