Today's Quote

“As parents, we should remember that our lives may be the book from the family library which the children most treasure. Are our examples worthy of emulation? Do we live in such a way that a son or a daughter may say, ‘I want to follow my dad,’ or ‘I want to be like my mother’? Unlike the book on the library shelf, the covers of which shield its contents, our lives cannot be closed. Parents, we truly are an open book in the library of learning of our homes.” Thomas S Monson

Monday, October 11, 2010

Gratitude

This is an unbelievably hard post for me right now. I feel like so much is going wrong. So, here is what I have to be grateful for right now:

I have four AMAZING Children who despite my lack of perfection and sometimes making HUGE errors as a parent, are healthy and SWEET as PIE!

I KNOW who I am, and that God loves me.

I have a husband who despite occasional psychotic tirades, comes home every night and makes it possible for us to live and for me to get out with the Girls and have "parties" regularly.

I have a van that works alright

I have stuff to clutter my home.

I have a home to decorate and fill with clutter.

I have food in my cupboards, fridge and basement.

That's what I have time for and the tears are drying. So....

2 comments:

Donette said...

What an uplifting post. I hope you are feeling better. I know what it's like to grasp for light. Love you!

Candace said...

Thank you Donette! Love you too!

Followers