Today's Quote

“As parents, we should remember that our lives may be the book from the family library which the children most treasure. Are our examples worthy of emulation? Do we live in such a way that a son or a daughter may say, ‘I want to follow my dad,’ or ‘I want to be like my mother’? Unlike the book on the library shelf, the covers of which shield its contents, our lives cannot be closed. Parents, we truly are an open book in the library of learning of our homes.” Thomas S Monson

Wednesday, October 27, 2010

It FINALLY CLICKED

I'm done with my tirade from earlier over my Ex.

But I realized something after some time had passed between my initial frustration and now.

The TITLE of his Ex's Blog Post.

I'm pretty sure that's what got under my skin, and I didn't realize it.

You see, on top of EVERYTHING, the title was the title of a song. Not just ANY song. A song I am VERY passionate about. And that song just happens to be His and My "Song" from when the whole "baby" scenario was taking place.

I had always thought "Our Song" was "Unchained Melody" by the Righteous Brothers. And then, 4 years later, when we were on our 3rd try, he told me that he had always considered "I would do anything for Love" By Meatloaf Our song.

You have to realize exactly how Surreal that whole segment of my life was. And know that I took a job 3000 miles away, and moved JUST TO GET AWAY from him. And even THAT didn't work like I'd hoped. Our "fling" lasted YEARS beyond that. And all the while "I would do anything for Love" was the background music.

No comments:

Followers