Today's Quote

“As parents, we should remember that our lives may be the book from the family library which the children most treasure. Are our examples worthy of emulation? Do we live in such a way that a son or a daughter may say, ‘I want to follow my dad,’ or ‘I want to be like my mother’? Unlike the book on the library shelf, the covers of which shield its contents, our lives cannot be closed. Parents, we truly are an open book in the library of learning of our homes.” Thomas S Monson

Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Jacob

I get a lot of being asked one of two things when his name is concerned.

Everyone thinks either

A) I named him after an ex boyfriend, Jacob Putnam
or
B) I named him for Jacob Black in the Twilight Saga

What I have to say once and for all: I don't name my Kids after ANYONE from the past century unless they are family. Elizabeth Audrey, and Abigail are all names that are based on Family names. Specifically MY family. My Mother and My Grandmothers.

A boy of ours may be named David or Charlie. It would be for David or My Father, Charles.

Jacob is named for Jacob from the Bible who is a direct ancestor of his.

IF this new baby is a girl, she will most likely be named for royalty from the 16th Century. Because there were some AMAZING women in Royalty then, and I LOVE the names. Any similarities to other people or even literary characters will be coincidental. And that is ALL.

No comments:

Followers