Today's Quote

“As parents, we should remember that our lives may be the book from the family library which the children most treasure. Are our examples worthy of emulation? Do we live in such a way that a son or a daughter may say, ‘I want to follow my dad,’ or ‘I want to be like my mother’? Unlike the book on the library shelf, the covers of which shield its contents, our lives cannot be closed. Parents, we truly are an open book in the library of learning of our homes.” Thomas S Monson

Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Potty Training

I take a lot of heat on my way of dealing with my Children's Diapers and Potty Training. WHY people are so invested in THIS particular point of my parenting, I will never understand. People, there are soooo many WAY more important things in YOUR life to worry about than how I change a diaper, or if I call my husband home from work (which again is BS) to do it, and how I potty train my children. You are WAY to bored if you have nothing better to do.

The facts are that my system works for us. Sorry that it's not working for you.... oh wait, who gives a F? It doesn't affect YOU one bit!!!!!!!!!!!

My Children and I don't need to cater to you. We don't need to make you happy or comfortable. We have it under control.

We are getting it done, and it's not causing us severe stress.

When I HAVE tried to cater to others ideas is when we get stressed out. Worrying about what other people think I should be doing is where we run into problems. SO, Abby will be potty trained when she is ready. And if I force her to potty train any sooner than that, we are going to have a recipe for guaranteed disaster. I would LIKE her to be potty trained before Oct. But the facts are, that she just might NOT be. And I would rather we took it slow than have undue stress over the poop on the carpet that didn't need to be there.

No comments:

Followers