Today's Quote

“As parents, we should remember that our lives may be the book from the family library which the children most treasure. Are our examples worthy of emulation? Do we live in such a way that a son or a daughter may say, ‘I want to follow my dad,’ or ‘I want to be like my mother’? Unlike the book on the library shelf, the covers of which shield its contents, our lives cannot be closed. Parents, we truly are an open book in the library of learning of our homes.” Thomas S Monson

Monday, November 9, 2009

Answers

I must be DESTINED to have to be ABSOLUTELY PERFECT before I leave this life ;-). Not necessarily a bad thing, however, the road there is rough. I was actually told in a blessing, and my Mom has said it several times, but I am a piece of coal that is a diamond in the making, and all of the rough edges need to be chiseled away bit by bit as well as EXTREME pressure being needed to turn black and rough into clear and smooth.

About the same time of year seems to be when things are hardest. Sept to Jan is the time frame when I seem to have to work the hardest, and there are lessons to be learned. By Summer, I seem to be able to sit back and enjoy a bit more.

Right now the struggle is patience. I have been told over and over that I will be taken care of, and have what I need.... in time. The Lord's Time.... not mine. That is always hard for me. But I am so grateful for the reassurance that at the end of the trial, I will be ok.

One thing I am learning is that I know the answers to most of my questions. I didn't realize this until very recently. And it has been good practice in learning to trust myself.

No comments:

Followers