Today's Quote

“As parents, we should remember that our lives may be the book from the family library which the children most treasure. Are our examples worthy of emulation? Do we live in such a way that a son or a daughter may say, ‘I want to follow my dad,’ or ‘I want to be like my mother’? Unlike the book on the library shelf, the covers of which shield its contents, our lives cannot be closed. Parents, we truly are an open book in the library of learning of our homes.” Thomas S Monson

Thursday, November 26, 2009

Thanks Giving

I just read My Sister in Law's Blog, and Deborah, I hope it's ok if I copy you.... What you said was so eloquent and precisely put. I hope you won't be mad. You and I think a lot alike, and are grateful for many of the same things. Since I couldn't say it better myself, but share the same thoughts, I hope you'll understand. I will put a * by the ones I copied to make sure you get the credit for putting words to my thoughts so well. :-) Love ya Sis!


I am so very thankful for:
  • *my husband - he does so much for me and our family. I don't know what I'd do without him. David is one of a kind! I know for certain that no other Man in the WORLD could be what he is for me.
  • My Children - each so sweet, loving, thoughtful, beautiful and fulfilling! They are the substance in my universe that gives me purpose. There are not words to truly express what they do for me.
  • my ability to bring children into this world, and that my Babies are healthy and strong.
  • the rest of my family - they are wonderful and have made me who I am today.*
  • my friends - life would be dull without friendship and I have some pretty amazing friends who I love and care for that mean the world to me.*
  • a home - someplace to hang my hat and be safe from the weather. A place of my own that I can fill with love.*
  • Financial provisions - that we are able to pay for those things that we need in life. We FORTUNATELY are not as bad off in this aspect as some would expect... especially with David being unemployed.... we have still been well provided for by our Heavenly Father.
  • Insurance for the Children - so that we can take them to a doctor when needed and not have to worry about out of pocket expenses.
  • Music - nothing better can express emotion than music.*
  • the Church/Gospel - I definitely don't know where I'd be without it. It is so true and pure.*
  • Temples - where else can we feel true peace and that constant loving spirit.
  • Transportation - I'm thankful that we have a working car and are able to get to and from where we need to without much difficulty.*
  • my trials - they only make me stronger*
  • books - i love to read and sometimes need that little escape from reality.*
  • Tender Mercies - need I say more?*
  • all the little things - there are more little things we take for granted than we realize. Our Father in Heaven has given us so much, we can't fully comprehend his love for us.*
  • My Savior - he is always there when I need him, and he knows how I feel.
  • an education - some people don't even get that, I'm grateful that I was able to go to school and graduate high school and have the opportunity to go to college.*
  • food and drink - I'm thankful that i have the food and drink I need to survive and that I don't have to go without, and that I have easy access to what I need.*
  • NEVER having to go without any of the things My Family and I truly need.
  • A true relationship with My Heavenly Father.
  • Our Health - having a healthy family is truly a blessing.
  • Knowing that everything will work out and I will be taken care of.
  • A country and time in the history of the world where I can be who I am without having to live in fear of losing my life.

No comments:

Followers