Today's Quote

“As parents, we should remember that our lives may be the book from the family library which the children most treasure. Are our examples worthy of emulation? Do we live in such a way that a son or a daughter may say, ‘I want to follow my dad,’ or ‘I want to be like my mother’? Unlike the book on the library shelf, the covers of which shield its contents, our lives cannot be closed. Parents, we truly are an open book in the library of learning of our homes.” Thomas S Monson

Thursday, November 5, 2009

Sometimes it's not as good as you thought

SOOOO, David has been working for our Elders Quorum Pres. this week which is awesome because he pays David $100 a day. That MORE than covers the $240 for my pictures and perfume.....

I went out and bought my perfume tonight... they didn't have the set that I wanted, and I paid $17 more than I expected, but it's what I've been wanting to wear every time I 've gone out - for months. I called the picture company and they are sending me a proof sheet so I can order my CD and pics. And all of a sudden, I am not so sure I want either the perfume OR the pictures. Yes, because they are pictures... and pictures of my Kids, non the less, I will probably still get them.... however, maybe the $200 is for a later date. And the perfume.... I still LOVE it! It is still my favorite. But I don't need it like I thought I did yesterday.

It's amazing the lessons I've learned over the past few months. It's amazing the power $ has. We've had all of our needs taken care of. We've not had to go with out ANYTHING we really needed..... and now that I have some $ to "play" with, I could take it or leave it.

No comments:

Followers