Today's Quote

“As parents, we should remember that our lives may be the book from the family library which the children most treasure. Are our examples worthy of emulation? Do we live in such a way that a son or a daughter may say, ‘I want to follow my dad,’ or ‘I want to be like my mother’? Unlike the book on the library shelf, the covers of which shield its contents, our lives cannot be closed. Parents, we truly are an open book in the library of learning of our homes.” Thomas S Monson

Tuesday, November 3, 2009

My Birthday

My Birthday was Mon, Oct 19th. I was not quite sure what to expect with our limited funds since David lost his job in August. I joked that David needed to have a job by my birthday because the gifts I wanted would cost him approx $240.

On October 3rd, we had Family Pictures taken. We got a free 11x13 but had to pay for any others we wanted. The pictures were soooo cute, but we didn't have the $ to buy any. For $200 we could by a disc with all of the images on it, as well as a copyright release allowing us to print as many pictures as we wanted, anywhere we chose. We are currently saving up to buy it.

Then, about 4 weeks or so ago, I realized that my favorite perfume, "Delicious" had been lost. Probably left at the hospital when Jacob was born. We called them, but they didn't have it. That is $40.

Well, when my birthday came, David didn't have a job, and we had almost NO money to spend.

David did give me $ to buy a shirt that I wanted for $10. ;-)

My Birthday was WONDERFUL! It started off with David dotting on me, and allowing me to have my way with EVERYTHING. Then, he went to the store to get my cake (that the Girls picked out) and groceries for dinner. We cleaned the house from top to bottom. Jacob was an Angel and slept in his swing while I cleaned. Elizabeth came home and told me that for my birthday, she had "Stayed Green" at school (in her class, each child starts each day with a green card. When they get in trouble, it gets turned to yellow, then red) At 5 pm, our friends, Foy and Ginger Wallace came over with their 3 girls for dinner. David had made my favorite dinner that is a tradition for my birthday and has been since I was about 10 yrs old. We then played a couple of games and had cake and Moose Tracks ice cream. YUMMY!

It cost next to nothing, and was one of the very best birthdays I have ever had!

No comments:

Followers