Today's Quote

“As parents, we should remember that our lives may be the book from the family library which the children most treasure. Are our examples worthy of emulation? Do we live in such a way that a son or a daughter may say, ‘I want to follow my dad,’ or ‘I want to be like my mother’? Unlike the book on the library shelf, the covers of which shield its contents, our lives cannot be closed. Parents, we truly are an open book in the library of learning of our homes.” Thomas S Monson

Sunday, June 19, 2011

24 weeks!



Many may not realize this but 24 weeks gestation is HUGE. It is the point where scientists and some important people who decide these things have placed the Limit of Viability.

Which means my Baby's odds of survival outside the womb just crossed the 50% line.

Now, I have always been VERY fortunate, and have chubby 8 lb full term babies at around 39 weeks. So I am not concerned. And I get that 50% is still not the odds I want. The baby would still have SERIOUS hurdles and health issues to over come.

But I consider this a BIG milestone!

Just a side note this is also the scale they use for abortions. Once a baby reaches the Limit of Viability abortions are not morally justified by the medical community. Totally a side note just pointing out that on BOTH sides of things, this is a big week for my little growing Baby! :-) The Medical community, even those pro "Choice" now consider my little ear of corn a Person now.

No comments:

Followers