Today's Quote

“As parents, we should remember that our lives may be the book from the family library which the children most treasure. Are our examples worthy of emulation? Do we live in such a way that a son or a daughter may say, ‘I want to follow my dad,’ or ‘I want to be like my mother’? Unlike the book on the library shelf, the covers of which shield its contents, our lives cannot be closed. Parents, we truly are an open book in the library of learning of our homes.” Thomas S Monson

Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Not too toot my own horn, but....

I can speak more words in more languages than the average person; I understand the multi dimensions of religion, language, music, poetry, literature, and psychology; I can almost 100% accurately "guess" a person's "type"; My children understand more than many their age along with being highly intelligent; I have a good amount of life experience, have traveled, have lived in several different areas of the country; Scored high enough on both my ACTs and my Military Entrance Exam that I could have ANY career I want except Rocket Scientist (or MOST science oriented careers, but that's not an intelligence thing, I'm squeamish); and I am cultured.


I'm not seriously large or over weight, especially NOW that my weight and belly have collaborated and I look very Pregnant and no longer obese. I am not knock out good looking nor am I terribly unattractive... on a normal day when I do my hair, and put on some mascara, I'd say I'm not offensive to the eye. I'm normally perky, pleasant, and have a relaxed look on my face UNTIL something happens to change it.

And yet, it is AMAZINGLY common for almost everyone I come in contact with to take ONE look at me and type me as Dumb, Stupid, Unintelligent, Ditsy, or Clueless.

REALLY?!

What exactly about me dubs me as such? These people don't usually see me with my Kids, they don't know anything about me other than what I look like at that moment. I usually have not said ANYTHING yet. And still, I can say that it's a 90% chance that in this situation, I will be classified as stated above.

I don't get it at ALL!!!!

And I can PROMISE that 90% of these people who will make this assumption have a lower intelligence, cultural, and educational level than I do.

No comments:

Followers