Today's Quote

“As parents, we should remember that our lives may be the book from the family library which the children most treasure. Are our examples worthy of emulation? Do we live in such a way that a son or a daughter may say, ‘I want to follow my dad,’ or ‘I want to be like my mother’? Unlike the book on the library shelf, the covers of which shield its contents, our lives cannot be closed. Parents, we truly are an open book in the library of learning of our homes.” Thomas S Monson

Wednesday, June 15, 2011

ok, since no one can answer my question from a few posts ago, let me. I have researched this to make sure it's the real definition of a SAHM and not just my opinion.

And a Stay at Home Mom is a mother who stays at home with her children and is not a part of the paid workforce.


A mother who works in the paid workforce from home is a Work at Home Mom.

And a mother who works out side the home in the paid workforce, is a Working Mom.

I have no problem with either.

You have to do what you feel best for your family.

But let me make this simple: If you put your child in daycare, or leave them with a baby sitter... even if it's your spouse, while you make $ in a building other than your residence, you are NOT a stay at home Mom. Sorry.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What do you call yourself when you call your husband home to change poopy diapers?

Candace said...

I couldn't tell you since I have never done it. I have changed MILLIONS just fine with out his help even with an injured hand.

And if you need to be like that, pay better attention: Even IF I did, I'm still a Stay At Home Mom. Any questions on that, talk to the ones who matter, My Children and Husband.... they would tell you whether I've earned that title or not. But knowing who you prolly are, you won't ever be close enough to get the chance. Seeing as no one who interacts with my Family would say something like this.

What do you call YOURSELF if you have to go out of your way to stir up hurt where there need not be any?

Pathetic and desperately in need of a life comes to mind.

Followers