Today's Quote

“As parents, we should remember that our lives may be the book from the family library which the children most treasure. Are our examples worthy of emulation? Do we live in such a way that a son or a daughter may say, ‘I want to follow my dad,’ or ‘I want to be like my mother’? Unlike the book on the library shelf, the covers of which shield its contents, our lives cannot be closed. Parents, we truly are an open book in the library of learning of our homes.” Thomas S Monson

Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Father Knows Best

Of COURSE He does.

But unfortunately like my Sister-In-Law (though on different things) I need to learn for myself. And it's always a waste of time, and I'm worse off than if I had taken His advice from the beginning.

Sorry to those who will be disappointed in me, or us, but David and I really enjoy alcohol. It's art to us. Mixing and matching, and finding which combinations work well with eachother. You can freeze it, heat it, add to it, simplify it, compound it. And it tastes good and makes things fun.

But it weakens your immunity, both physically and spiritually.

And This is what we have been told all along.

The reason it has been longer coming for me to come to this conclusion is because I have always been hyper aware of the impact it can have on one spiritually. Therefore I am REALLY good at being on my guard when alcohol is involved. I think clearer with alcohol.... it quiets all of the other tangents my mind wants to explore, and i focus on one line of thinking better. And I can always remind myself to be in control and make rational and safe choices. It wasn't ALWAYS like that, but it is now.

I feel more grounded and able to be assertive to the right degree.

The art of drinking is similar to swallowing swords, working with dangerous animals, etc. It can be extremely dangerous without the proper precautions, know how, experience, etc.

Being 100% honest, I would be better in many ways if I had 1 or 2 good drinks a day. BUT it KILLS my immune system.

So, we will be good around here.

Because after all, My Father told me it wasn't good for me, and He was right :-)

No comments:

Followers