Today's Quote

“As parents, we should remember that our lives may be the book from the family library which the children most treasure. Are our examples worthy of emulation? Do we live in such a way that a son or a daughter may say, ‘I want to follow my dad,’ or ‘I want to be like my mother’? Unlike the book on the library shelf, the covers of which shield its contents, our lives cannot be closed. Parents, we truly are an open book in the library of learning of our homes.” Thomas S Monson

Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Parents

The past 4 days or so have been incredibly challenging.

It has been so reassuring to know how I feel about my children. And that I am God's child. And that He is a better parent than I am. That if you take all of the qualities of the best parents and multiply them to perfection, those are the qualities He possesses.

Which means that He cares about how hurt I am right now than I would if it was one of my children. That parent who says "You had better not hurt one of my children" is a mortal glimpse of how God would feel about it.

I GET that that means that offenses committed by me upon my fellow "Siblings" are just as harshly frowned upon.

And I pledge to do better at treating them right DAILY.

It is just so wonderful to know that I have a Parent who loves me more that I love my OWN children.

No comments:

Followers