Today's Quote

“As parents, we should remember that our lives may be the book from the family library which the children most treasure. Are our examples worthy of emulation? Do we live in such a way that a son or a daughter may say, ‘I want to follow my dad,’ or ‘I want to be like my mother’? Unlike the book on the library shelf, the covers of which shield its contents, our lives cannot be closed. Parents, we truly are an open book in the library of learning of our homes.” Thomas S Monson

Sunday, February 13, 2011

Say it like you mean it

My Friend, Amanda, is AMAZING. She is a REAL Friend. She truly loves our Family despite our flaws and mistakes. She loves us for what and who we really are. She has seen us at our worst, and loves us anyway.

She made a comment in the middle of all that happened the past few weeks that has stuck with me.

"Sometimes we see what we don't like about our selves in others... it's called projecting."

And it was such a pristine observation.

Because as I wrote the last post, I realized that all of the things others tend to rant about being a problem with ME, are quite often issues they have with themselves.... they just don't see it or want to acknowledge it.

David has done it too. When he is least kind towards me, it is because he doesn't like himself. When he picks at specific flaws of mine, it's because he sees something similar in himself and he doesn't like it.

This is one of the fundamental reasons, next to and also because of my relationship with My Savior, that it was others and not me who attacked first. Because as soon as I see a fault in someone else, I know that I usually struggle with it too. So, I leave finding fault with THEM alone, and try to work on it in ME instead.

Passive/aggressiveness seems to be pretty consistent in projecting.

If you are going to name someone as a Hypocrite.... first make sure you NEVER do the opposite of what you preach.

If you are going to name someone as a Liar....First make sure you only EVER tell the truth.... No White Lies allowed.

If you are going to name someone as a Few Bricks Short, Loonie, Crazy, what ever name you put with it... First make sure your actions always makes perfect logical sense... Which, by the way rules out Parents, Any one of ANY Religious Denomination, and Free Thinkers.

If you are going to name someone as Worthy of your Ridicule.... You better have NOTHING in common with them. At ALL!!!

As I typed the previous post, I realized that EVERY negative thing people have said about me recently are the exact same areas that I see faults that they have.

Again, I won't be handling it the way they did. But I just had to punctuate how poignant and real Amanda's statement is!

No comments:

Followers