Today's Quote

“As parents, we should remember that our lives may be the book from the family library which the children most treasure. Are our examples worthy of emulation? Do we live in such a way that a son or a daughter may say, ‘I want to follow my dad,’ or ‘I want to be like my mother’? Unlike the book on the library shelf, the covers of which shield its contents, our lives cannot be closed. Parents, we truly are an open book in the library of learning of our homes.” Thomas S Monson

Friday, January 8, 2010

3 Christmas'

What a Holiday season! Who would've thought the year we had the least money for Christmas would turn out to yield the biggest harvest? Duh! I guess I should have known. I mean we have always been so looked out for by Heavenly Father. But still. I mean, we were fine on gifts for the Children. We had things we had bought in previous years that we didn't even have to tap into. We were able to find really good deals and get each Girl a pair of pj's, a blanket, 2 ornaments, a barbie, and a ken. For Jacob, we were able to get a pair of pj's, a blanket, and an ornament. David and I were even able to get eachother gifts. He got a book he's been wanting. And I got some yummy smelly stuff from Bath and Bodyworks AND a Willow Tree Figure.

Santa however was REALLY good to the children this year!

David's Family did a Service project for us and one other Family in the BIG extended family. The children each got a pair of pj's, an outfit, some socks/tights, church shoes, a toy, a blanket and some sheets.

Santa visited our home the night before we left and put presents (the ones mentioned in the first paragraph) under the tree for them to open when we got home.

And when we had been home for a few days, the Bishop called David in to meet with him and gave us a HUGE bag of gifts from Santa. Each child got a "church" outfit. Then each Girl got a pair of pj's, and a Princess and the Frog "makeup" set. Abby and Elizabeth each got Princess and the Frog purses. Elysia got some REALLY nice coordinated dress up stuff. Abby got a Baby doll, and Elizabeth got a Princess Tiana Barbie. Jacob and Elysia each got a new winter coat.

When I was talking to my mom and telling her about it, she said "Good. They deserve it. They are really good kids." I have to agree with her.

I don't bring all of this up for any reason except because we are so blessed and I want to share how wonderful The Lord has been to us. I want to share how very grateful I am to have people in our lives who are open to the Spirit and willing to share. If any who read this happen to be involved or know those who were involved, I want you to know how grateful we are and how much we appreciate it! Our children ARE very wonderful and deserved the wonderful Christmas they got 3 fold. Thank you to any and all who made it so perfect for such SWEET Children!

No comments:

Followers