Today's Quote

“As parents, we should remember that our lives may be the book from the family library which the children most treasure. Are our examples worthy of emulation? Do we live in such a way that a son or a daughter may say, ‘I want to follow my dad,’ or ‘I want to be like my mother’? Unlike the book on the library shelf, the covers of which shield its contents, our lives cannot be closed. Parents, we truly are an open book in the library of learning of our homes.” Thomas S Monson

Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Willow Tree

I love collecting Willow Tree figures. They seem however to be "taboo" items or something. Any time someone asks me what I want for birthdays, Christmas, etc., I can always think of at least ONE figure I am currently eyeing to add to my collection.... and well, it seems to always miss the "cut."

I don't mean to sound spoiled. I always.... well, 8 times out of 10 really like what I am given. And I am grateful.... especially to have people who love me enough to even get me something. Fortunately David always seems to find a way to get me the ones I want. This year it was the "Guardian" figure. I have had my eye on it for a while, but gave up when we haven't seen it anywhere recently. So I moved on to "Close to me" and "Child of my Heart." I will just have to get those two next.

No comments:

Followers