Today's Quote

“As parents, we should remember that our lives may be the book from the family library which the children most treasure. Are our examples worthy of emulation? Do we live in such a way that a son or a daughter may say, ‘I want to follow my dad,’ or ‘I want to be like my mother’? Unlike the book on the library shelf, the covers of which shield its contents, our lives cannot be closed. Parents, we truly are an open book in the library of learning of our homes.” Thomas S Monson

Sunday, January 3, 2010

Yup, it's that time again....

Here we go.... New Year's Resolutions:

My goals for this year are based largely on how SICK I am of dealing with all of the negativity that I feel circulates so widely these days. I am tired of drama and negativity. They are not fruits of the Spirit, and I don't want them in my life.

One big wake up call I got was spending Christmas with My Family and David's Family. They are so different, and I learned a lot by observing both.

One thing that was surprising to me was to see that my Aunt, Uncle and cousins who I have always tried to be more like are not what I want to be at ALL. I watched what I would consider a MAJOR display of being spoiled. And that isn't something I want in my life at ALL.

I also saw what my Brother-in-law, Dan's Wife is like. We've had our ups and downs. Sometimes we've not liked eachother at all. But now we seem to see eye to eye on a lot of things, and she is someone I admire in many ways.

I've learned over this Holiday Season that money is important.... but it isn't everything. It plays it's role in our ability to survive and accomplish our missions here on earth. But you can have lots of it and still be miserable, or very little and be happy. As long as I have the security to take care of Our Family.... I'm just as happy without as I could be with. I will say that it is VERY important to me to be able to help others. I want to be in a position to leave any kitchen I may visit with a bit fuller cupboards than when I came. Any demands I place on others, I'd like to make up for and then some. I want the ability to help someone in a crisis. Help ease a burden. Help brighten a day. While money is not always necessary for these things to be accomplished, I would like to have the means to meet these needs on a financial level when needs be.

So.... here is my list.

*To treat my Family with more kindness.... especially focusing on the words I use when I speak to them. To hug them more, and criticize less.

*To reform my behavior to represent the Lady I am working on becoming

*To set an example to all of how Ladies and Gentlemen act. Having money does not Royalty make, just as having none does not Beggars make.

* To help those whose cup needs a bit more whether it be financially or with a kind word.

*To appreciate more. To criticize and judge less.

* To remove negativity as much from my life and the lives of those in my care as much as I possibly can. That includes removing negative influences and people if needs be.

No comments:

Followers