Today's Quote

“As parents, we should remember that our lives may be the book from the family library which the children most treasure. Are our examples worthy of emulation? Do we live in such a way that a son or a daughter may say, ‘I want to follow my dad,’ or ‘I want to be like my mother’? Unlike the book on the library shelf, the covers of which shield its contents, our lives cannot be closed. Parents, we truly are an open book in the library of learning of our homes.” Thomas S Monson

Tuesday, January 12, 2010

I have my eye on it

There is a house on Bridger Drive here in Green River that I have been looking at as I drive by. It has been for sale for a while now. I finally stopped and got a brochure today. It's a 90's home, split level with a 2 car garage. David doesn't care much for it. I however think in many ways it's perfect. It has:

4 bedrooms.... 3 upstairs, 1 down
3 + bathrooms
a fireplace, hot tub on the deck, fenced in yard, sprinkler system,
4 levels totaling 2100 square ft with a finished basement

It's a house we could expand in. It has a swamp cooler, which isn't my preference, but here in GR, it's not so bad. David's biggest complaint is that it is on a "busy" road. I agree with him, but I could get past that. Especially since it has a completely fenced in backyard. I'm pretty sure it's in our old ward (7th) and I don't really want to switch wards. HOWEVER, if we move, chances are high we won't get to stay in the 6th ward.

Of course, it's daydreaming at this point. But hey!

The realization has been slowly creeping up on us that we HAVE to have more space. With Jacob, this townhouse just isn't going to be big enough. I'm far from complaining though. We have quite a bit more space than a lot of people who are renting. AND considering we are without a job right now. Still.... it's about time for expansion. And I am grateful to know that The Lord is on my side on this. I've actually been nudged in the direction of praying for a bigger home for a while now.

So, I guess we'll see what happens in the next month or so. Who knows. Maybe we will celebrate Elizabeth's Birthday in our new home! :-)

No comments:

Followers