Today's Quote

“As parents, we should remember that our lives may be the book from the family library which the children most treasure. Are our examples worthy of emulation? Do we live in such a way that a son or a daughter may say, ‘I want to follow my dad,’ or ‘I want to be like my mother’? Unlike the book on the library shelf, the covers of which shield its contents, our lives cannot be closed. Parents, we truly are an open book in the library of learning of our homes.” Thomas S Monson

Tuesday, January 12, 2010

One of those days

It is one of those days where I am so full of positive energy that I don't want to sit still. It's frustrating because I am so grateful for so much and want to share how positive and happy I am with the world. And yet, I am confined to my home. It's too cold and yucky to really be out socializing, and only a few people are willing to listen to my "Polyanna" phone calls. Even My Children and Husband are only open to a certain amount of my Positivity. I feel on top of the world, and like I'm suffocating at the same time. Ugh!

So, I can at LEAST write down the things that are in my head.

I have so much to be grateful for. As I am tripping over boxes and toys, I am grateful to have things to trip over. It means that people care for our Family and the Children specifically. It means that I am not in a situation where I have to hope that just once, My Daughter can have a Baby Doll to play with, or a coloring book and crayons. We have blessings like this in abundance, and I am grateful for them. As I search for a place to put cases of food, I am grateful to have more food in the house than I could eat in a day, week, or even month. And that when my Family is hungry, we go to the fridge, cupboard, or basement, and find food to eat. And if it's not what we want to eat, most times, we pass it by and go get what we want from the store.

I am excited because there is a feeling in the air that tells me something good is on its way. There is an electricity in the air because we are safe, and warm, and all of our needs are being met.

Our home is noisy and full..... and I LOVE it. It is full of good things. Children, and toys, food, and laundry. Clothes that we can wash. My Children are well dressed, clean, and well fed (well, when they will eat what we make ;-) I am grateful for mounds of laundry to wash, and the washer and dryer we have to wash and dry them. We have dirty dishes to wash, dirty diapers in the garbage. And it all means that we are alive and provided for. It's electric. It's energizing. It's Life. And Life is wonderful and Beautiful.

All of the sounds mean that we are not idol. They mean that we have the ability to get up and move around. That our Family is expanding. That David and I are not Barren. That we have to take turns between the TV and computer because we are fortunate enough to have both. Our phones are buzzing because we have them to communicate with the outside world, and there are people who care enough to communicate with us.

Yeah, I guess that about sums it up ;-)

No comments:

Followers