Today's Quote

“As parents, we should remember that our lives may be the book from the family library which the children most treasure. Are our examples worthy of emulation? Do we live in such a way that a son or a daughter may say, ‘I want to follow my dad,’ or ‘I want to be like my mother’? Unlike the book on the library shelf, the covers of which shield its contents, our lives cannot be closed. Parents, we truly are an open book in the library of learning of our homes.” Thomas S Monson

Tuesday, January 5, 2010

So happy to be home

I don't know if I've ever felt quite this happy to be home before. I think some of it has to do with how organized and tidy we left things when we went to Utah almost 2 full weeks ago. I'm glad we left our tree up and lit. It really made things cozy when we walked in the door.

The Children... Elysia and Jacob specifically, seem happy to be in their own beds. Poor Elysia was so tired. I asked her if she wanted to go up to bed. She immediately said "Yes," and was asleep within minutes. Jacob made lots of sqwaking noises at everything, and is contentedly laying in his playpen drousily pulling on his Lion crib mirror.

I love our townhouse. If it had ONE more bedroom upstairs, I think I could live here for 10 more years. It has the perfect amount of space except for the kitchen... and again, being one bedroom short. *Sigh*

Now I am off to my cozy bed.... to settle down and watch "PS I Love You." I won't be too cold, and there is no one upstairs to wake me up at the crack of dawn..... Bliss ;-)

No comments:

Followers