Today's Quote

“As parents, we should remember that our lives may be the book from the family library which the children most treasure. Are our examples worthy of emulation? Do we live in such a way that a son or a daughter may say, ‘I want to follow my dad,’ or ‘I want to be like my mother’? Unlike the book on the library shelf, the covers of which shield its contents, our lives cannot be closed. Parents, we truly are an open book in the library of learning of our homes.” Thomas S Monson

Monday, May 2, 2011

I had a Dream

I dream. I am a dreamer. In many senses of the word.

And last night I had a dream that I would be reckless to forget.

It was terrifyingly real, and had so much detail that I could not have come up with, even with a really good subconscious. So, I deem it something worth paying attention to.


We were suddenly preparing for a possible nuclear attack. Actually, I don't think IF it was coming was a question. The immediate danger was palpably sensed. Not, "Do we need to worry?" but "what precautions need to be taken and how long do we have?"

And I realized as I took precautions with my food and water that I didn't have adequate supplies for hygienic purposes, and needed to run to the store. But alas, there was no time. As I locked the final cupboards to protect what I could, I asked David "How long do you think?"

And an actual Bomb hit the ground in a local area close enough that I KNEW it had hit.

When I woke up, I was grateful to know that it was a dream and not immediate reality. And also I was grateful for the detail that gives me a chance to be prepared in case this world does in deed come to this.

No comments:

Followers