Today's Quote

“As parents, we should remember that our lives may be the book from the family library which the children most treasure. Are our examples worthy of emulation? Do we live in such a way that a son or a daughter may say, ‘I want to follow my dad,’ or ‘I want to be like my mother’? Unlike the book on the library shelf, the covers of which shield its contents, our lives cannot be closed. Parents, we truly are an open book in the library of learning of our homes.” Thomas S Monson

Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Selfish

I'm sorry to say that I gain a little bit of selfish pleasure from being imperfect.... maybe it means I can stay here longer. I hate the thought that I could not be here anymore to take care of my Little Ones. The job I do is inadequate most of the time, but I try every day to be better at it, and fill their needs more fully. And I truly believe I am the best person to meet their needs.

I'm sorry, but NO ONE can love them the way I do. There is a love that backs every word, every interaction.... even when I am angry with them.

I love them in tears, I love them in smiles, I love them when I yell, I love them when I laugh. I love them in cookies. I love them in vitamins. I love them in discipline, I love them in scoldings. I love them in parties. I love them in church. I love them in hikes, and walks. I love them in Dance Class. I love them in a schedule. I love them in hugs. I love them in letting them come into bed with me in the mornings when Daddy leaves for work. I love them in a messy house. I love them in clean clothes. I love them in going out to dinner. I love them in going to movies.

I love them with every thought, and every breath I have in me. And for this reason, I selfishly am grateful to not be perfect enough that God needs me there ;-)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Very well put. I too am going to be embrace this non-perfection that I struggle with on a whole new level! Thanks!!!

congrats by the way. :)

Followers