Today's Quote

“As parents, we should remember that our lives may be the book from the family library which the children most treasure. Are our examples worthy of emulation? Do we live in such a way that a son or a daughter may say, ‘I want to follow my dad,’ or ‘I want to be like my mother’? Unlike the book on the library shelf, the covers of which shield its contents, our lives cannot be closed. Parents, we truly are an open book in the library of learning of our homes.” Thomas S Monson

Wednesday, May 4, 2011

It's just one of those days!!!

I want to stay in bed. I want to have someone push a button on my yet to be hooked up Keurig and brew me some warm hot chocolate, with juicy muffins.

And though this won't happen, and I am NOT wanting to be awake, or out of bed, I am sooooo blessed to have the children I have! They are so independent in their own little ways. They need the little things here and there, but with the older girls pretty self sufficient and the new apartment set up so that they can access certain things, my children fed themselves breakfast while I fought with pulling the warm covers off and joining them :D

Elysia got Jacob a package of muffins, then Elizabeth got him out of bed for me. Then they all colored for a bit while I reconciled what I wanted to do with the reality of needing to be up and moving without my warm cup of daily chocolate.

SO, while I STILL would rather be tucked into my nice warm bed, I am so pleased with what I have to get up to!

1 comment:

Donette said...

Wow, you are lucky! My eight year old still won't dress herself and Colby I don't think will ever be potty trained.

Followers