Today's Quote

“As parents, we should remember that our lives may be the book from the family library which the children most treasure. Are our examples worthy of emulation? Do we live in such a way that a son or a daughter may say, ‘I want to follow my dad,’ or ‘I want to be like my mother’? Unlike the book on the library shelf, the covers of which shield its contents, our lives cannot be closed. Parents, we truly are an open book in the library of learning of our homes.” Thomas S Monson

Sunday, June 20, 2010

Father's Day

We did most of our Father's Day "celebrating" yesterday. We went to see "Toy Story 3" in RS and then to IHOP.

I have to say that I am so grateful for David. We've had our SERIOUSLY HORRIBLE moments. But on a "normal" day in our lives, I love being with him.

When we were going through our divorce, as DONE as I was with everything, and as much as I wanted to be with Jared, I was still a fence sitter. I could not let go of David. And when I had a moment of choice where I had to cut and run from David or lose Jared, I let Jared go. I KNEW the things I needed to do to convince Jared to stay when things were ending. And I turned to David instead.

And I'm glad I did. We have a Forever in the making.

And he is and always will be the Father in my Children's lives.

No comments:

Followers