Today's Quote

“As parents, we should remember that our lives may be the book from the family library which the children most treasure. Are our examples worthy of emulation? Do we live in such a way that a son or a daughter may say, ‘I want to follow my dad,’ or ‘I want to be like my mother’? Unlike the book on the library shelf, the covers of which shield its contents, our lives cannot be closed. Parents, we truly are an open book in the library of learning of our homes.” Thomas S Monson

Thursday, June 3, 2010

Yesterday

Yesterday evening was full of adventure ;-)

I went to the store to get groceries for David so that he could take care of the Kids so I could spend some time with Friends.

I ran into Nadia. She is the one who gave Cameron the ammunition to fire David last year. I have many times played in my head what I would say or do given the opportunity. Well, that chance came, and I was genuinely nice to her.

Then, I met Jen and Shane Nielsen, and Ginger for dinner at the Brewery in RS. We've known eachother for so long. They were around during my "Glory Days." And they haven't changed much. They've always seemed to get things about me that most don't. And as we were talking, Shane seemed to understand almost everything. Except one thing. And after thinking about it, I realized that the one thing he DIDN'T understand was something that was completely based on my being a Mother. They don't have children.... which is fine, but there are some things that just "are" when you have them, and I realized last night that those things are like empathy. Hard to really understand unless you've BEEN there.

Then, after dinner, Ginger and I went to see a movie. It was between Robin Hood, and Prince of Persia. We ultimately decided on Sex and the City. And I'm glad we did. I NEVER thought I'd be willing to see that movie. But it was a movie that didn't make me feel like I had wasted the $9.... and that's always a good thing.

As we got to the theater, Ginger pointed out that Shane had been talking to my chest at one point. This wouldn't be worth bringing up except that for many years now, I have wondered if Shane was flirting with me. It's nice when something like that is proven to be more than just in my head. One less factor towards me being delusional ;-)

Sex and the City was one of those movies that left me feeling very content with my life. So did dinner with the Nielsens.

All in all, I came home with a feeling of contentment. Excited to be in my life :-)

No comments:

Followers