Today's Quote

“As parents, we should remember that our lives may be the book from the family library which the children most treasure. Are our examples worthy of emulation? Do we live in such a way that a son or a daughter may say, ‘I want to follow my dad,’ or ‘I want to be like my mother’? Unlike the book on the library shelf, the covers of which shield its contents, our lives cannot be closed. Parents, we truly are an open book in the library of learning of our homes.” Thomas S Monson

Sunday, June 6, 2010

What I'm learning about Church, life and following The Spirit

Today was interesting as far as this topic is concerned. First of all, I was up in the air as to whether or not to go. Which brings up interaction with The Spirit and feelings #1: I felt I should, and decided to go. I came home from the yard sale Amanda, Ginger and I had the past 2 days, got myself ready, got Abby, and made it ON TIME to church. As I sat in Sacrament meeting, I felt isolated and left out. It was Fast and Testimony meeting. Which brings me to interaction with The Spirit and feelings #2: I felt that I needed to bear my testimony. To which I responded by figuratively digging my heels in and refusing. And then ultimately conceding and saying a few not very eloquent and shaky words.... but I DID it. I sat down and wanted to leave quietly as soon as the meeting was over. Which brings up interaction with The Spirit and feelings #3: I felt that I should stay and go to Nursery. Which I ended up doing. And I feel very fulfilled from all 3 experiences. I know that I grew from them, and that my relationship with The Spirit, and ultimately my relationship with My God and Father grew.

2nd thing I really want to talk about is that I think I have ultimately figured out the formula for passing this test we call "Life." I have come to truly 100% believe that if one can master these 3 things, they have it made.


1) Empathy: A) the imaginative projection of a subjective state into an object so that the object appears to be infused with it
B) the action of understanding, being aware of, being sensitive to, and vicariously experiencing the feelings, thoughts, and experience of another of either the past or present without having the feelings, thoughts, and experience fully communicated in an objectively explicit manner; also the capacity for this.

2) Gratitude: the state of being grateful: thankfulness.

And 3) Endurance: A) permanence, duration
B) the ability to withstand hardship or adversity; especially : the ability to sustain a prolonged stressful effort or activity
C) the act or an instance of enduring or suffering

I believe that these are also what the Atonement and scriptures are ALL about.

No comments:

Followers