Today's Quote

“As parents, we should remember that our lives may be the book from the family library which the children most treasure. Are our examples worthy of emulation? Do we live in such a way that a son or a daughter may say, ‘I want to follow my dad,’ or ‘I want to be like my mother’? Unlike the book on the library shelf, the covers of which shield its contents, our lives cannot be closed. Parents, we truly are an open book in the library of learning of our homes.” Thomas S Monson

Sunday, June 20, 2010

May as well just be "gay"

Seriously. I think I would almost find more acceptance if I was "Gay" than what I am.

My Mom for one might actually be more ok with that than the truth.

And the truth is that I am a committed Mother and Wife who holds my Family and my God very dear. Who BELIEVES in being a Christian. Who made an AWESOME batch of pudding shots the other day, and ate 3. And is becoming a Passion Party Consultant. Who drinks occasionally socially, and who's marriage is better for it.

I BELIEVE in the Word of Wisdom: Everything in moderation. I believe that some things are BAD for you and you shouldn't even mess with them ie: Tobacco and Drugs (meth, pot, cocaine, etc.) I believe that red meat and candy are worse for your body than an occasional pudding shot or cocktail.

I believe in the Atonement of Jesus Christ. And everything it represents.

I believe in the restoration of the TRUE Church of Jesus Christ.

I believe in the Priesthood and it's power as the manifestation of God's Power on Earth.

I KNOW David holds this Priesthood. As do all of the worthy Men who belong to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints and have had it bestowed upon them. I KNOW Thomas S. Monson is REALLY a modern day Prophet. And every single Man that has been called by him to serve in a leadership position is just as legit.

But all of that as a package deal offends many people. I can' be open about my beliefs because of the combination of the pudding shots and passion parties, and the Temple and Priesthood.

But there it is folks. I've gotten over the "acceptance" factor. Because whether you should or not, some of you will NEVER respect me for the person I am no matter WHO I am. And those of you who won't, it's not because I am undeserving. It's because you can't see outside of the box.

No comments:

Followers