Today's Quote

“As parents, we should remember that our lives may be the book from the family library which the children most treasure. Are our examples worthy of emulation? Do we live in such a way that a son or a daughter may say, ‘I want to follow my dad,’ or ‘I want to be like my mother’? Unlike the book on the library shelf, the covers of which shield its contents, our lives cannot be closed. Parents, we truly are an open book in the library of learning of our homes.” Thomas S Monson

Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Babies and sleep

A Friend of mine on FB today asked about letting her new Baby sleep on his belly.

After my own experiences and the bulk of the advice I saw on her post, I truly think it's natural for babies, and they will do just fine 9 1/2 out of 10 times.

NOW, if you decide to let your baby sleep on their tummy and something goes wrong, don't even THINK about blaming it on me. I am not a Dr. Nor a Scientist. I AM however a seasoned Mother of 4. And all 4 of mine slept on their bellies.

They were terribly difficult to get to stay asleep any other way. They were used to having something solid under them in the womb, and felt exposed on their backs. (Not that I can read their minds, but it's a logical enough theory in my opinion.)

No comments:

Followers