Today's Quote

“As parents, we should remember that our lives may be the book from the family library which the children most treasure. Are our examples worthy of emulation? Do we live in such a way that a son or a daughter may say, ‘I want to follow my dad,’ or ‘I want to be like my mother’? Unlike the book on the library shelf, the covers of which shield its contents, our lives cannot be closed. Parents, we truly are an open book in the library of learning of our homes.” Thomas S Monson

Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Yeah, I'm bringing it up!

Sex. What is it about that 3 letter word? The most primitive of beings is more than capable of it. The Gods sanction it. It is the greatest blessing and the greatest curse.

Do you ever look at someone with kids, or who is pregnant and think "I TOTALLY CANNOT picture them having sex!"

It fascinates me. Sex is everywhere, yet secret. I seriously think it wasn't until Jacob was born that my Mom acknowledged that I was sexually active.

Speaking of which, I LOVE the part in the movie "Juno" where they talk about what it means to be "Sexually Active."

I've been having sex off and on for .... holy cow, like 13 years now. Eh. It has lost a lot of its charm, I have to say. But still, sometimes it's just what the Dr. ordered. And, well, besides the 4 children I already have, I not only want more... and there is only ONE way that I am going to try to accomplish that ;-)... but even if I didn't want more, I don't plan to abstain in any long term way. I mean I AM married.

The ONLY time I have done that (in the past 8 years) was the 3 months David and I were divorced. I think that really surprised our Bishop. Not because we're rule breakers..... oh ok, maybe once in a while ;-)... but because we were living under the same roof and already had that history. But we excelled at being "good" for those months that we were not married.

Anyhow, it's after 3 am, so typing anything publicly viewable is prolly NOT a good idea. G'night all.

No comments:

Followers