Today's Quote

“As parents, we should remember that our lives may be the book from the family library which the children most treasure. Are our examples worthy of emulation? Do we live in such a way that a son or a daughter may say, ‘I want to follow my dad,’ or ‘I want to be like my mother’? Unlike the book on the library shelf, the covers of which shield its contents, our lives cannot be closed. Parents, we truly are an open book in the library of learning of our homes.” Thomas S Monson

Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Combining Airports and Passion.... anyone else would prolly be embarrassed

OK sooooo

David flew to Salt Lake this afternoon to attend a KISS Concert. He flew because it was free (he had a voucher).

I had a Passion Parties order that needed to go to Salt Lake. Therefore I separated everything into sacks so he wouldn't have to figure out who got what. And packed the only suitcase I had easily available (Strawberry Shortcake, of COURSE) with the sacks. I then was advised by Ginger and Amanda that I absolutely COULD NOT do that (send him with a SS suitcase full of sex toys and lotions to be searched by security) to my Poor Husband.... and they had a good point.

David however was "fine" (his words) with it. So, I bought a good TSA approved lock, and took him along with his Carry on and the SS suitcase (which we knew would have to be checked due to it's large amount of fluid contents) to the RS Airport. And we got there too late to check the suitcase.

So, he called me to come into the airport and yes, the TSA People (with rubber gloves, thank HEAVEN) very considerately opened the suitcase and went through the items to see what could go and what had to stay. Let me reiterate that they were GREAT! They didn't open ANY of the packages, just the sacks, and let EVERYTHING that was not liquid, gel, or aerosol go into David 's backpack, and then gave me the rest... along with the suitcase :-) They told us that if it had been checked, it wouldn't have been an issue. They didn't seem to think ANYTHING about the SS suitcase (whew ;-) but did get a kick out of the fact that it was all Passion Parties items (we offered them a catalog ;-)

Oh, did I mention that the RS Airport is TINY? There was ONE line for security which consisted of 2 TSA agents and 1 Police Officer. All 3 seemed amused at the contents of the suitcase. But again were AWESOME about it.

Meanwhile, the 2 Prop Plane idled just out the back door, and David and his backpack had to walk out on the tarmac to climb aboard with the other TWO passengers. (in the time it took them to scan and remove all of the stuff, I'll BET they could have thrown the suitcase into the cargo hold of the plane)

I had to leave the kids in the van, and the Poor Things thought I was leaving on a plane too. I had to explain that I'd be just a couple of minutes.... but when I got back, Jacob was adamant about me not doing ANYTHING that appeared as though I was doing anything BUT driving them AND myself away from the Airport.

Sooo, that was our adventure today.


1 comment:

Donette said...

That is pretty darn funny!

Followers