Today's Quote

“As parents, we should remember that our lives may be the book from the family library which the children most treasure. Are our examples worthy of emulation? Do we live in such a way that a son or a daughter may say, ‘I want to follow my dad,’ or ‘I want to be like my mother’? Unlike the book on the library shelf, the covers of which shield its contents, our lives cannot be closed. Parents, we truly are an open book in the library of learning of our homes.” Thomas S Monson

Thursday, September 9, 2010

Keeping it together

I've gotten so much better at this lately.

I don't know if we can visit Salt Lake anymore.

Our lives seem to have found a Rhythm that is working. David and I don't get angry with eachother like we used to.... except when we get back from Utah. Ugh. That is a BIG problem.

Luckily some of our very favorite people like Dan and Rachel, and My Mom seem to be willing to come to us a few times a year.

Last night was yucky. David just wanted to be angry.

But I kept it together for the most part. And when I didn't, the "damage" was moderate. (unlike the damage David TRIED to inflict on one of our dining room chairs)

The things that David said to me were horrible at times. Jared was mentioned. And apparently I keep a tube of Creamsicle in my glove box in case the opportunity arises to cheat. (NO I don't. It was there because a Friend wanted to see what it tasted in case she wanted to buy some) But I understood that he was angry and wasn't thinking before he spoke. Plus, where was there a need to be offended since there was ZERO truth to what he was saying.

I think the worst thing was being punished for things that happened days, weeks, months, even years ago. :-(

But let me just say that my Faith in a God was definitely reaffirmed. Just when my heart was REALLY hurting, David seemed to be done. And My Mom has really been a blessing.... as always :-)

No comments:

Followers