Today's Quote

“As parents, we should remember that our lives may be the book from the family library which the children most treasure. Are our examples worthy of emulation? Do we live in such a way that a son or a daughter may say, ‘I want to follow my dad,’ or ‘I want to be like my mother’? Unlike the book on the library shelf, the covers of which shield its contents, our lives cannot be closed. Parents, we truly are an open book in the library of learning of our homes.” Thomas S Monson

Wednesday, September 22, 2010

A sense of humor PLEASE!

Some people go through life completely VOID of a sense of humor.... or being able to laugh at themselves.

I feel AMAZINGLY sorry for these people!

I guess I have just had to live my life laughing at myself.... Lord KNOWS I have enough mishaps, dramatic moments, etc that I had better have a sense of humor!

I can't even IMAGINE where I would be without it. I would be MISERABLE if I couldn't see something funny in the tragedy that my life clings to.

Fortunately, I am one who can also see the silver lining in almost every situation.

I was really proud of myself the other day when David said "don't worry about _____" and completely at odds with what I usually do, I just didn't worry... and not only did it turn out fine, but I felt so much LESS stressed out in the interim.

No comments:

Followers