Today's Quote

“As parents, we should remember that our lives may be the book from the family library which the children most treasure. Are our examples worthy of emulation? Do we live in such a way that a son or a daughter may say, ‘I want to follow my dad,’ or ‘I want to be like my mother’? Unlike the book on the library shelf, the covers of which shield its contents, our lives cannot be closed. Parents, we truly are an open book in the library of learning of our homes.” Thomas S Monson

Saturday, September 11, 2010

Beating myself up

A REALLY Good Friend of mine commented just now on not beating myself up about the things that happen to my Kids that are out of my control.

And something that brought up is that I DON'T beat myself up. Over ANYTHING. It's OTHERS who do that.

A HUGE portion of the things that cause me anxiety are OTHER peoples' reactions to things. I am surprisingly good at taking things in stride. But others seem to not only NOT be able to do that, but are good at interfering and projecting their issues on me.

For example: Jacob or one of My Girls are mis behaving, upset, or just making a lot of noise. I am happy to ignore the behavior or discipline the behavior if necessary, but others seem to get involved, and it alters the way I am able to deal with it.


No comments:

Followers