Today's Quote

“As parents, we should remember that our lives may be the book from the family library which the children most treasure. Are our examples worthy of emulation? Do we live in such a way that a son or a daughter may say, ‘I want to follow my dad,’ or ‘I want to be like my mother’? Unlike the book on the library shelf, the covers of which shield its contents, our lives cannot be closed. Parents, we truly are an open book in the library of learning of our homes.” Thomas S Monson

Friday, September 10, 2010

Rock Springs, WY..... I want to call you HOME! But I'll take Texas ;-)

HOLY COW! So, yesterday, the LAST 3 bedroom apartment at David's work got leased out. :-(

Also, I had a ton of running around to do yesterday. I had to take David back to work after he came at lunch time to get us. Then, case lot sale to shop, Primary Program Practice for all 3 girls at the EXACT same time as Dance Class for Elysia, and pick up David from work. While driving around, I noticed a flat tire noise coming from the front tire (when I checked, it wasn't flat). We went to Walmart after David got off work, and leaving there at 9:30 at night, David heard it and pulled over to check. He informed me that both front tires needed replacing IMMEDIATELY. We were both worried about making it all the way to GR and back the next morning to get them replaced. So, I was gearing up to fork out the $ for a hotel. David was able to take us to the Apartment Complex's Corporate Suite (one of their 2 bedroom apartments reserved for when the boss comes to town but can be used by the employees for various things) and we spent the night. I was TOTALLY spoiled by this. And decided that a 2 bedroom like the one we stayed in would be ok. (how often do you get to try out an apartment before you lease, right?) I just didn't want to have to commute between RS and GR anymore.

Well, Abby and Elysia slept in one bedroom, Elizabeth was supposed to sleep on the couch, Jacob on the floor, and David and I in the other bedroom.

Abby and Elysia went to sleep in "Their" room. And David went into the living room to get Jacob to sleep. He had been hinting all night about sleeping in the buff since we had few clean clothes with us. So, after showering, I decided to surprise him and sleep in panties and a t shirt (at walmart, I had bought a package of panties for "that time of the months" when garments alone aren't conducive) Well, David fell asleep with Jacob in the living room, and Elizabeth came and asked if she could sleep with me. I was too tired to put my clothes on (they were also the only thing I had to wear today) so, my "surprise" was wasted on my 7 year old Daughter.

This morning, David went to work, and I got the children ready for playgroup. I had bought some warmer clothes for Jacob and Elizabeth (they have very few being the oldest Girl and only Boy) but nothing for the other 2. So, Jacob and Elizabeth had new clothes for today, but the other 2 had to wear what they had been in since yesterday. On my way to Playgroup, I felt that I needed to just get right to walmart and get the tires taken care of. While at walmart, I looked down and saw that Jacob's hand was BURNED! On the back he had 2nd degree burns on 3 of his fingers!!!!! I can't even FATHOM how he got them. I'm panicking about that when my van is done, and we rushed straight back to the apartment complex to get David's opinion on what to do.

We ended up deciding to just put Neosporin on it, and keep an eye on it. He wasn't acting like it was bothering him, and it would prolly be more of a pain than anything to try and bandage it.

We talked to the Leasing Manager about leasing a 2 bedroom, and she told us that the Fire Marshall won't allow it because there are more than 4 of us. AGH!

SO, then we got the kids back up to the apartment and cleaned and washed linens (David wasn't very busy, so he was able to help). We watched TV till David got off work, and then went to Wingers to celebrate Candis' (the "Wife" of a Friend of David's from work who happens to be female) birthday. Now, we're FINALLY home.

No comments:

Followers