Today's Quote

“As parents, we should remember that our lives may be the book from the family library which the children most treasure. Are our examples worthy of emulation? Do we live in such a way that a son or a daughter may say, ‘I want to follow my dad,’ or ‘I want to be like my mother’? Unlike the book on the library shelf, the covers of which shield its contents, our lives cannot be closed. Parents, we truly are an open book in the library of learning of our homes.” Thomas S Monson

Saturday, September 25, 2010

Church stuff

Ok, so I may not always be the BEST "Mormon" but I AM still "Mormon."

And I hate being out of the loop.

The "system" is set up so that everyone is supposed to be aware of opportunities to participate. SO, we have a pyramid type of organization. The Bishop tells the Elders Quorum and Relief Society Presidents, who pass it down to the Quorums/Home and Visiting Teachers, who then make sure the general membership is made aware.

Boy am I sick of being in wards where that system completely breaks down and you only know what's going on if you are part of the "In Crowd" ...which being Bi-"racial" on the topic of religion, I am not.

Blah Blah Blah.

Our Primary President says "Call if your child needs a ride to Primary or to any of the activities ...we would be happy to give them a ride. " I say "Hello, Primary President. Elizabeth is going to be 8 in the Spring, and I would like her to have as much exposure to what's going to happen when she's 8 as possible so she's ready to be baptized. However, I am without a car today, and she has been invited to --------'s Baptism. Are you going? You are! Great. Could she go with you?" The response is "Um........ ok, I guess....."
I then see that the yearly Women's Broadcast which is usually preceded by a dinner is tonight..... where did I learn this? Facebook of course. Because I missed Stake Conference last week, and David doesn't pay attention to things like that, I had missed the "Memo." Where are my Visiting Teachers who are supposed to make sure the women they visit know about these things?

UGH!

Maybe if ANYONE cared to invite me, I'd be more involved.

FORTUNATELY, I get mySELF involved or I'd just plain go inactive by their standards. But I believe the things that I have been taught too strongly to give up that easily. Who'd have guessed, right?

2 comments:

Donette said...

I totally agree. Our ward is full of the 'hot Moms' with the designer shoes and bags and they seem to have their own system and are on the need to know end of the ward. I too am in the same boat as you. Brie is going to be 8 soon so I want her to attend primary and I want to be a good example but it is so hard to be active in what seems like a sorority. We have lived here for 4 months and only one person has introduced them self to me. They dump me into their horribly out of control primary so I am stuck babysitting their kids and I don't know any adults. I can't wait till we move.

Candace said...

Yup! Hang in there! I am in the nursery and I don't know if the new RS President knows I exist!

Followers