Today's Quote

“As parents, we should remember that our lives may be the book from the family library which the children most treasure. Are our examples worthy of emulation? Do we live in such a way that a son or a daughter may say, ‘I want to follow my dad,’ or ‘I want to be like my mother’? Unlike the book on the library shelf, the covers of which shield its contents, our lives cannot be closed. Parents, we truly are an open book in the library of learning of our homes.” Thomas S Monson

Wednesday, September 22, 2010

"Family" seems to be an objective term now days

David is in Salt Lake. I don't know if it matters to anyone there except Chris. I mean, his Parents will see him because he's staying there. But no one else is going to stop by to say "Hello." I know that we see people there every few months. That's the point. People who make a big deal about how Family is more important than anything only care to see each other 3 or 4 times a year.

Then there's MY Family. My Mom is different. We see each other every chance we get... but we also talk several times a week.

We came to Salt Lake a couple of weeks ago and made a huge effort to make it to a Baby Blessing that we were not even invited to originally, and I don't think it mattered to my Aunt's Family.... who I used to be pretty close to.

My Uncle's Family, who I am not even technically related to.... and even my cousin's Wife's Family seemed to care more than my own relatives did.

I know I always whine about this topic. I just grew up with a COMPLETELY different idea of what Family was. And this isn't it.

No comments:

Followers